Thursday 19 June 2014

Race of the Joneses (1)

Meaning Living TODAY 

RACE OF THE JONESES (1)

We were in a discussion in the office the other day. And the topic of the discussion was around lifestyle. 

The twist was when a colleague made a statement that sounded like 'the school your children attend must be a function of which school your "peers'" children are attend'. There was another guy that had the opinion that the huge cost expended on pre-school education may not be worth the cost afterall. Two different issues from two different schools of though, right.

The concern today is about the former school of thought: "the school my children attend is a function of the school my colleagues' or friends' children attend".

A "poem" readily comes to mind and I'll title it "My Mates"
My mates are getting married
My mates are getting good jobs
My mates are succeeding
My mates are living overseas
My mates are buying cars
My mates are building houses
My mates are this.... my mates are that....

Really, this post was meant to be in a different direction, but we need to pause and ask the question about "my mates"

Is my life really a function of "my mates", or...???

Do let us have your opinion through any of the following media:

www.m.facebook.com/meaningfullivinginitiative 
segunsonowo.blogspot.com
@segunsonowo -twitter


'Segun 'Sonowo
(Meaningful Living)
07030910000, 
08023052656

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meaningful Morning_OPENED HANDS

Meaningful Morning OPENED HANDS Psalm 104:27-28 KJV "These wait all upon thee; that thou mayest give them their meat in due season. ...